The 1989 film “Field of Dreams” was based on a book written by an alum of the Iowa Writers’ Workshop. What was it called?
- Shoeless Joe
- Field of Dreams
- Shoeless Joe Jackson Comes to Iowa
- Dream Field
In which one of these Iowa towns does Sal not stop in Jack Kerouac’s “On The Road”?
- Des Moines
Which one of these Southern Gothic authors spent time in the Iowa Writers’ Workshop?
- Flannery O’Connor
- William Faulkner
- Cormac McCarthy
- Anne Rice
Can you place these Iowa books in order of their release date?
- “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape” – Peter Hedges
- “The Bridges of Madison County” – Robert James Waller
- “Little Heathens: Hard Times and High Spirits on an Iowa Farm During the Great Depression” – Mildred Armstrong Kalish
- “Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World” – Vicki Myron
- “Stars Over Clear Lake” – Loretta Ellsworth
Which of these Pulitzer Prize-winning books was written by an author who once lived in Iowa?
- Gilead – Marilynne Robinson
- The Overstory – Richard Powers
- The Goldfinch – Donna Tartt
- The Known World – Edward P. Jones